Site web : http://www.annie-vavrille.com
Annie Vavrille achieves her musical studies with the Academy of Lyon and graduates in musicology at the University. She continues her studies of singing, under the guide of Ileana Cotrubas, Galina Vichnevskaya and Gabriella Ravazzi, who will be determining in her formation.
Annie Vavrille debuts on the scene of Fenice in Venice in l’Enfant et les Sortilèges of Ravel and in Welsh National Opera (Carmen).
In 1996 she interprates the Princess in “Rusalka” of Dargominsky for Wexford Festival, that will be worth the praises of the British press to her. It is in Austria, with the festival of Gars am Kamp, that she debuts in the title role of Carmen, then in Spain, with the Festival of Perelada at the sides of Roberto Alagna and Angela Gheorghiu in the production of Calixto Bieito (crowned Price of Spanish Critic for the year 1999). Production which she takes performs with the Opera of Flandres in Anvers and Gand in 2004, as in tournée with the Zuid Opera of Maastricht which will be worth to her to be quoted by the press like “one of best Carmen of the decade”. She also performs Concepcion in l’Heure Espagnole of Ravel in Maastricht, Genevieve in Pelleas et Mélisande in Maestranza of Seville and in 2004 her make her debut in Samson and Dalila, under the direction of Patrick Fournillier in the French Festival of Hong-Kong. She comes back to Hong-Kong in 2006/2007 for a new production of Carmen and Werther that she will perform after then in Shangaï. The Savonlinna Festival in Finland and Bilbao Opera invite her to perform La Figlia del Reggimento of Donizetti and Eugene Oneguine.
In Italy she is regularly invited by the most famous theatres :
– The Carlo Felice of Genova, Communal of Florence, Modena, The Regio of Parma, Teatro Valli of Reggio Emilia in the Rape of Lucretia of Britten, produced by Daniele Abbado.
– Communal of Bologna (Les Oiseaux de passage of Fabio Vacchi, and La Figlia del Reggimento at the sides of Juan Diego Florez and Eva Mei in the production of Emilio Sagi).
– Palermo (Lakmé, L’Heure Espagnole).
– Teatro Regio of Turin (Carmen II of Jérome Savary), Scala of Milan (Il processo of Alberto Colla).
– Taormina (Carmen).
– San Carlo di Napoli , world wide absolute of “Garibaldi en Sicile” of Marcello Panni.
– Trieste ( Don Quichotte)
– Roma (Grand Macabre of Ligeti)
– In 2006 she is invited by the Theatre of Bologna in Andrea Chenier (Madelon) reinterpretated in the Theatre of Bunkamura in Tokyo (Japan).
– In 2007 she interprates The Princesse of Dubouillon in Adriana Lecouvreur at the Theatre of Messine in Sicily.
In France she is regularly invited by the Opera of Nice where she interprets the great roles for mezzos: Niklauss/Les Contes d’Hoffmann at the side of Ruggero Raimondi in the production of Giancarlo del Monaco, Dulcinée/Don Quichotte at the sides of F. Furlanetto, Judith/Le château de Barbe-Bleue of Bartok under the direction of Marco Guidarini, Diane (Les Aventures du roi Pausole de Honneger), La Grande Duchesse de Gerolstein. She also participates at the Radio-France Festival Montpellier (Macbeth of Bloch), Nancy, (Le château des Carpathes of Ph. Hersant), Tourcoing (Catone in Utica), Arenas of Nimes (Fenena/Nabucco), Festival of Domaine Renoir (Carmen), Ulrica of the Ballo in Maschera of Verdi, under the direction of A. Carella in Toulon. In 2006 she sings in the first world-wide absolute of “Il canto della pelle” of M. Ambrosini at the Opera of Lyon.
Annie Vavrille collaborates with great European orchestral formations: Philharmonic Orchestra of Anvers (Shéhérazade) under the direction of Muhai Tang, la Grande Ecurie et la Chambre du Roy, Santa Cecilia of Rome (Henze), BBC Symphony with the Royal Albert Hall, l’Orchestre National de Lyon, Philharmonic Orchestra of Lorraine, Orch. National of Montpellier (Dir: M. Guidarini), the Orchestra Haydn of Bolzano (Requiem Verdi), The Remix Orchestra of Porto, the regional Orchestra of Cannes (Berlioz/Nuits d’été), Philharmonic Orchestra of Nice at the International Festival of Ravello, Philharmonic Orchestra of Radio-France (Saul de Flavio Testi) Dir: R. Zanetti.
She is very active in the field of the contemporary music. She has already interprated the Pierrot Lunaire of Schönberg and Le Marteau sans maître of Boulez with the solists of National Orchestra of Lyon, the Folk-Songs of Berio with the Ensemble Inter-Contemporain. World premieres: Nancy (Un tango pour Mr. Lautrec de Zulueta), Lyon (L’oracle de voyage of Jaffrenou), Scala of Milan (Il Processo of A. Colla Dir: E. Mazzola), San Carlo of Naples (Garibaldi in Sicilia). She records in 2003 with Naïve, Saul de Flavio Testi with the Philharmonic Orchestra of Radio-France.
Annie Vavrille’s discography :
– “Macbeth” of Ernst Bloch, with the musical direction of Friedemann Layer and the Philharmonic Orchestra of Montpellier.
– “Saul” of Flavio Testi, with the musical direction of Massimo Zanetti and the Philharmonic Orchestra of Radio France.
– “Andrea Chénier” of Umberto Giordano, DVD, Communal Theatre of Bologna, musical direction : Carlo Rizzi.
Recently she was :
– Magdelone in Amica (Mascagni) at the Monte-Carlo Opera
– Mère Jeanne in les Dialogues des Carmélites at the Théâtre des Champs-Elysées(Staging : Olivier Py.)
Among her current projects :
– June 2014, The Rake’s Progress (Baba the Turk) at the Teatro Regio de Turin.
– March 2015, “Carmen à Broadway” at the Théâtre du Ranelagh, Paris.
– April 2015, Cavalleria Rusticana ( Mamm Lucia) at the Opéra de Bilbao, ABAO.